Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The first time you start Heroes of Umbra, a settings file is created in the same directory as the JAR. In the future, the options screen will be an interface to this settings file and manipulate it for the user in-game, but for now, direct manipulation of the settings file is required to change the game's options.
On windows-based operating systems, selecting "Options" will open your settings.ini file as a temporary shortcut.
The following options are configurable in the settings file. If modifying the settings file causes the game to crash, you may delete the file to generate a new one. Pressing F2 in-game will also reload the settings file.
- lastIP -- The last IP you've successfully connected to.
- port -- both the port your own games listen on and the port used when attempting to connect. By default, the port is 24234.
- showExp -- Whether or not to display an indicator when a monster is defeated detailing the amount of Experience earned.
- showMoney -- Whether or not to display an indicator on the bottom right of the screen when flips are picked up.
- showItem -- Whether or not to show a notification in chat when an item is picked up.
- showLevelUp -- Whether or not to show server-wide messages when players level up
Currently not implemented
- musicVolume -- Controls music volume with 0 being muted and 1 being full volume. Floating point numbers (eg., 0.75) are of course supported.
- soundVolume -- Controls volume of sound effects, with identical input to the above.
- left -- the key to press when moving left
- right -- the key to press when moving right
All values for keys must be the key's "friendly-name" as shown below. Currently, the following keys are available to use for the controls
|Keyboard Key||Friendly Name|
|Arrow Keys||left, right, up, or down|
|Letter Keys||q,w,e,r, ...etc|
|Shift||r.sh or l.sh|
|Control||r.ct or l.ct|
|Alt||r.alt or l.alt|
When choosing a key, please use the exact string from the friendly name column above.
Map Viewer SettingsEdit
Custom maps for Heroes of Umbra can be created and played in-game with the following options.
For now, check this blog post for details.